View Single Post
Old 11th September 2020, 09:59 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I have some new to me discs i've been saving until October.

Don't let Them In - I recently bought this from Asda as it's quite well rated and takes place on Halloween. As far as i can tell it's more than a mere home invasion movie.

Blood Fest - A horror from a couple of years ago that i bought, didn't get round to watching, put it on earlier in the year, discovered it's set at Halloween so decided to save it for the October marathon.

The Village in the Woods and Fanny Lye Delivered - Two new folk horrors.

Halloween at Aunt Ethel's - A low budget bit of tat that promises little.

Frankenstein The True Story - Three hour adaptation of the story starring James Mason. Meant to watch this last Decemberdike but didn't get round to it.

Dracula - The Moffat / Gatiss three parter that everyone loved for two episodes then hated the last one.

Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte -A classic piece of Grand Guignol with Bette Davis and Olivia de Havilland.

And Now the Screaming Starts, Dead of Night and The Pit and the Pendulum. Two new additions with great extras of films i love on discs i haven't watched and in the case of Pendulum, a replacement disc because i have no idea where my original copy is which is bloody annoying.

Plus the usual array of Halloween movies and others set around this great time of year like House of 1000 Corpses, Terrifier, Sleepy Hollow, The Pumpkin Karver and so on.

Not to mention what i consider faves from the likes of Hammer. Lewton, Carpenter, The Omen trilogy, Exorcists...damn! the list is endless.

I always look forward to these old faves.