View Single Post
Old 21st September 2020, 03:31 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Blue mole

Blue Collar (1978)
This is one of my favourite Paul Schrader movies, looking at three working class men in a Detroit car plant,who between the management and the Union reps can't seem to get a break... Until they come up with a scheme to rob the Union headquarters, unfortunately all they find is paperwork and no money...With an amazing line up of actors, Richard Pryor, Harvey Keitel and Yaphet Kotto as the three main protagonist,who all fall foul of there corrupt union.After trying to blackmail them with evidence of illegal loans the three find them selves way over there heads.,. Schrader has a knack off portraying down at heal working class characters who are forced to take some sort of action to get out of a situation...Just marvelous 1970s film making.

El Topo.(1970)
Completely mind bending film,that really has some extreme ideas and even more extreme imagery...When I first watched it mainy moons ago,I had no idea what it is all about then, And I still have no idea what the hell was going on... Obviously there is a great deal of religous imagery and amongst all the horse offal and Sam Peckinpah shoot outs I'm sure there is some deep meaning to it all...but I'm buggered if I can find it..At least it never had a decomposing elephant being pushed into landfill.....The film that broke my bonkers,I am without bonkers..I'm bonkerless...,

Last edited by Inspector Abberline; 22nd September 2020 at 05:48 AM.