Old 27th September 2020, 06:26 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
'Power Of The Daleks: Special Edition'

Includes exciting new special features:
• Whicker's World - I Don't Like My Monsters to Have Oedipus Complexes
Daleks - The Early Years: A 1992 documentary presented by Peter Davison
• Robin Hood - 1953 Episode: Patrick Troughton’s earliest surviving TV appearance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I really liked those Early Years vhs releases. The highlighted doc runs 1h 45m so to me is worth buying when it drops under a tenner, especially as i love Daleks.
It's not the full video release. It's just the Peter Davison linking material and interviews with people like Terry Nation, Raymond Cusick and Roy Skelton etc. There are a few clips from the show, but no full episodes. Total run-time 38.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
The 'Robin Hood' episode could be quite interesting as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I bet it's really creaky. I don't think i've seen any tv drama from so early other than The Quatermass Experiment which was hard going to be honest due to being all talk and not very good quality

Been looking it up as i was composing this post.

The thirty minute six episode series was transmitted live so i bet it's extremely talky and even creakier than i imagined.
Actually, it's very entertaining and moves at a cracking pace. Again, it's not the full episode, but the short run-time of 8.37 (including opening and closing credits) left me wanting more

I also think that the Alan Wicker episode about 'what makes horror, horror' could very easily have fitted in as an Arrow Films special feature

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty