View Single Post
Old 6th October 2020, 07:16 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Vampires vs The Bronx (2020)

I doubt that this film will be popular here but I really enjoyed it. It reminded me of the gateway horror films that I watched as a young teen like The Lost Boys or The Monster Squad which had enough horror tropes to get me hooked and looking for something a bit more grown-up. I see this film as that same thing for the teens of today.

The story is quite slim, a neighbourhood in The Bronx populated by mostly people of colour is being bought out by some creepy old white dude in an expensive suit who works for a property developer 'Murnau Enterprises'. Three untrusting kids (one with a rockin collection of metal tees) get a bit suspicious and start to investigate, only to find that the the company is a front for Vampires who want to take back The Bronx as it used to be their hunting ground in 'the old days'.

It's fun, there are nods to vampire films all over the place and the make up designs have more than a passing nod to Buffy. Just don't be expecting too much but an enjoyable 85 mins.
I was only reading about this on IGN this morning i'm going to give it a watch over the next few days.