View Single Post
Old 18th October 2020, 10:09 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Fished out my VHS Player and I went through a phase where I bought a lot of Ex-Rental Videos in order to watch the Adverts for nostalgic purposes, I loved 80's Warners, CBS Fox, RCA Colombia...etc as well as the obscure labels. However I realized that I had some titles that haven't had the DVD/Blu-Ray release and some actually looked good as well, so here's what I've seen so far.

Wisdom

Emilio Estevez is frustrated with his life, so after watching a TV Report highlighting House Repossessions, he decides to hold up Banks in order to destroy records, Demi Moore assists him as they become heroes whilst being chased across the country. Not bad but has a cop out ending. However it has to be one of the softest 18 Rated Videos I can think off.

Peggy Sue Got Married

Kathleen Turner gets an injury whilst at her reunion and ends up going back in time so she can re-do some things in her life. Nicholas Cage has this weird voice (Which I think he used in G-Force) and Jim Carrey in one of his earlier roles. The title and VHS cover always gives me those Video Shop memories and it was an enjoyable film but I get a feeling, I would have enjoyed it more back in the day.

Deadly Friend

Wes Craven Directed film in which a genius teen is able to insert a microchip into his dead friend's brain in order to bring her back to life, but she ends up into a robot/zombie state who gets bloody revenge on the people who wronged her. This film must be in rights hell because I have no idea how a Wes Craven Horror has not seen a re-release, it is a really good enjoyable film.

Summer School

One of my favorite films from the 80's in which Mark Harmon is the easy going P.E. Teacher who is forced into teaching Summer School to rag-tag bunch of misfits.

I WOULD APPRECIATE A UK RE-RELEASE PLEASE

Strike Commando

Vincent Dawn Italian Vietnam film in which Reb Brown is a Commando who attempts to get revenge on the Russian/Vietnam Force who slaughtered the Villagers who saved him. What to make of this one. it's got dodgy acting, corny lines, has plenty of Action, it has one of the worst Fight scenes ever and an emotional scene (Which if being kind, looked better on the script) but other than the un-necessary Cock Fight scene near the end, it's quite entertaining.

This must be in rights hell or there isn't a good print around because this is a perfect film for 88 or Arrow.

Wildcats

Goldie Hawn wants to coach a High School American Football team, so she ends up at the worst school possible, follows the usual clichés, not sure if it's a Comedy or Drama. Wesley Snipes and Woody Harrelson co-star. It's not bad but I've seen plenty of these type of films already. Again if I saw it back in the day, I might have liked it more.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg w.jpg (11.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg psgm.jpg (13.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg df.jpg (15.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg su.jpg (12.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg sc.jpg (15.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg wc.jpg (16.6 KB, 4 views)