View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2020, 03:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

https://www.ihorror.com/joe-hill-has...GwjvjzpAFO53cI

Joe Hill Has A Great Idea For A Maximum Overdrive Reboot

Say what you will about the Stephen King directed Maximum Overdrive. Say whatever you will. Unless, you are among the small group of people that think this movie is awesome, than you are wrong. It was awesome and gets a lot of unnecessary guff. King wrote and first time directed while on cocaine and thank god, because it was great. Now, his son Joe Hill has an idea for a Maximum Overdrive remake that, I’m pretty okay with.

While on Mick Garris’ Post Mortem Podcast, the subject of Maximum Overdrive came up and Hill had this to say about where he would take his dad’s film about killer trucks, electric knives and soda machines.

“The time is right, okay. So basically, they’re all the self-driving vehicles. So it’s no longer a comet that sets them off, it’s a virus in the electronics that sets them off. And so you’ve got these giant Tesla semi trucks, ya know, wiping everyone out. I think it could be great.”

So, yea. Obviously. Yes. This sounds cool to me. As long as we throw in a little league player getting his head squashed by a steamroller, I’m in.

The idea of throwing in Tesla’s gone crazy and literally everything being electronic, has a real Black Mirror meets Stephen King vibe to it.