Thread: Comedy Film
View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2020, 06:02 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default monty

Monty Pythons And Now For Something Completely Different...(1971)
It always seemed that this was just dismissed as just a compilation of the best bits from the first two series, yet it was done to be a showcase in America, who had not yet seen the series...But I feel this stands the test of time, just as much as there other movies...And while it was filmed by Python director Ian Macnaughton for the cinema screen, its not particularly cinematic, but it does look good, especially when you consider the budget was only £80,000,and compered to other movies that year it certainly holds it own...But lets be honest its the jokes that matter and they are all here, well most of the well known ones any way....Parrot sketch, Nudge Nudge Wink Wink, Hell's Grannies and The Lumberjack song of course plus many more besides...What also stands out is Terry Gilliam's amazing animation, which must of looked amazing on the cinema screen, compared to its usual home on the television...I have to say that even after all these years Gilliam's animation still really freaks me out...I can only imagine what was going through his mind at the time, his fertile mind and the simplistic animation style ( I mean simplistic compared to Disney, but to me its weird and beautiful ) really match what Python were doing at the time, amazing how this pool of talent came together back then...Obviously its sad that we have lost Graham Chapman, Terry Jones and Neil Innes, because we will never see anything like this ever again....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-00002.jpg (89.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-00003.jpg (95.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-00004.jpg (92.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-00005.jpg (91.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-00006.jpg (86.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-00007.jpg (100.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-00008.jpg (92.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-00009.jpg (85.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg vlcsnap-00010.jpg (76.6 KB, 0 views)