View Single Post
Old 7th November 2020, 08:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Alien:Covenant. 2017.

A colony ship bound for a planet experience a shift in space and pick up a signal from a planet decide to check it out only to encounter a big problem where they may not escape from.

The first time I saw this and reviewed it, I gave it quite a bashing and probably swore I wouldn't watch it again but after a bit of peace and quiet (chromebook on and headphones on) second time watch and actually enjoyed it.

It seems to focus more on creation of life, from the start Weyland and David discussing life as David was created and asking who created his maker, that's more of before Prometheus journey looking for the creation of mankind. But like the other movies you have a new spaceship captain making a bad judgement then regretting the decision. Michael Fassbender returns as the android David and Walter (more advanced synthetic). The characters were a bit more appeasing to the point you become sympathetic as they will be sacrificed and begin to understand how the Aliens were created and became more of a hybrid species. The visual and special effects were done nicely along with some good cinematography. Hope Mr Scott does not screw up the next chapter in this when he does get round to making it even though it has been announced.

download.jpeg