View Single Post
Old 9th November 2020, 09:14 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Blended

Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore team up for the 3rd time where they are both single parents who after a bad blind date end up sharing a African Holiday. Obviously they all live happily ever after but it's a decent watch, it does have some funny moments.

Major League: Back To The Minors

Yes this is the 3rd Major League Movie and this time Scott Bakula is the Minor League Coach who tries to get one over the Coach of the Major League team. I quite enjoyed this movie and whilst it doesn't have Charlie Sheen and Tom Berenger, it does have Corbin Bernson, Bob Uecker and some others from the 2nd one.

Sloane

A former Cop goes to the Philippines to find his ex-girlfriend who has been abducted. He teams up with her best friend and his best friend. The acting and script ain't good and I've seen better Action scenes but it does have a random scene of Cannibalism similar to Mountain Of The Cannibal God. It's a film I didn't switch off half way through but it's not one I'm likely to see again nor will I buy it if it got a Blu-Ray release.

That being said, the 1st Advert on this VHS was for a Film called Devouring Waters which is a Italian Jaws rip-off, but it's perfect for 88 Films. Also was weird seeing a Advert for CHUD as a coming soon release.

Retribution

A struggling Artist tries to commit Suicide but at the same time a low level Hoodlum is gunned down (They were also born at the same time) so the Hoodlum possesses the Artist's body and takes over when he's asleep and gets his revenge on his killers. This is more of a psychological Supernatural Horror than a full on Horror gore fest, it does give the impression of some gory deaths but doesn't go all the way. The Lead Actor is convincing in his role but the movie was ok.

One of the Trailers, Cameron's Closet is perfect for Eureka, bit of a coincidence that 976 Evil was the Trailer after it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b.jpg (15.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg ml3bitm.jpg (10.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg s.jpg (16.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg r.jpg (15.8 KB, 5 views)