View Single Post
Old 12th November 2020, 02:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
Downtown

1990 CBS Fox release starring a (After Top Gun and before E.R.) Antony Edwards and a (Before he got big) Forest Whitiker in a mis-matched Buddy Cop movie in which a demoted Cop teams up with a reluctant Detective in a downtrodden area in investigating the murder of his friend. Seen it all before really, it's o.k. however it does have a nice throat slashing scene and a scene where a villain gets thrown from a top of a moving car into a wood chipper and all the blood sprayed over all. Guessing that's how it earned it's 18 certificate.

The Big Score

Fred Williamson is a Detective who is accused of stealing a million dollars from a drugs raid by Police and Mobsters who go after him in order to get it back. Richard Roundtree and John Saxon also star. Not bad for a film from it's time (1983)

Leviathan

Peter Weller is the leader of a deep sea diving team in which they come across a sunken Russian ship which had a failed experiment on board. Obviously the team unwittingly picks up the monster and ends up killing the crew. This I believe was the 3rd of a bunch of this type of film (Abyss and Deep Star Six) and this is the better film.

3:15

A former gang member gets caught up in the middle again when his former gang accuse him of tipping off the Police after a raid at school. I love this type of movie and this was an excellent watch, I found it riveting even though The Principle had the same ending virtually (That film was released afterwards)

Wings Of The Apache

Nicholas Cage is a Fighter Pilot who is trained by Tommy Lee Jones to fly a Apache Helicopter against Drug Cartels. Sean Young also stars in this Top Gun vain of film.
3:15, I also enjoy these type of American high school violence / gangs type like class of 84, saw this first time earlier this year since vhs days, which if I’m correct has not been transferred over from vhs to any other format which is a shame films like these need to be.