View Single Post
Old 12th November 2020, 09:40 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Heat (1986)

Burt Reynolds is a Bodyguard/Enforcer who wishes to get away from Atlantic City and Vegas, in order to do so he takes jobs that include letting someone pretend to beat him up in order to impress a girl or teaching self defense. However when he helps a Hooker get revenge on a entitled gangster, he incurs the wrath of The Mob. This is a forgotten Warner/Cannon film which isn't bad, it just focuses too much of him and Peter McNichol storyline instead of the Hooker/Mob storyline.

Boulevard

A abused woman flees to Toronto after giving up her newborn baby for adoption. When arriving she is befriended by a Hooker played by Rae Dawn Chong. Realizing that she needs to start earning money she ends up Hooking (After persuading her reluctant friend) where she attracts the attention of a murderous/nasty Pimp (Lou Diamond Phillips who plays his role really well, completely opposite character to Gil in Prodigal Son) Eventually things start turning ugly for you as the Pimp and Ex-Husband go looking for her. Lance Henrikson plays the sympathetic Vice Detective. I enjoyed this very much, it was riveting and a very under-rated, under the radar film.

Death Before Dishonor

80's Action Film in which a Marine Unit in Lebanon go on the hunt for Terrorists who assassinate and kidnap members of their unit. A fun movie if you're into this type of film, I thought that Fred Dywer did rather well in his role and there was an appearance by Sasha Mitchell.

Next Of Kin

Patrick Swayze is a Hillbilly Cop in Chicago who hunts down his brother's killer while trying to keep his brother from interfering. Again a fun movie which I knew about but never got round to watching. This certainly has a cast which includes Liam Neeson, Bill Paxton, Helen Hunt, Adam Baldwin (3:15) and in a serious role (I know he's been in serious films) and before he was famous (And I thought that this was an urban legend) Ben Stiller.

American Fighter

A middle eastern Teen trying to raise money in order to bring his Sick Mother to The U.S.A. ends up Illegal Fighting. Based on a True Story, it follows the usual clichés but there's plenty of Fighting and is a decent watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg h.jpg (14.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg b.jpg (12.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg dbd.jpg (13.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg nok.jpg (14.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg af.jpg (15.9 KB, 2 views)