View Single Post
Old 29th November 2020, 09:27 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Funnily enough, I watched Flatline last night. It is one of the few good eps of series 8. And it's a shame, cause Capaldi was a fine choice for the role but didn't half get served some trollop.
Didn't take long for me to connect with Capaldi. He was somewhat 'rough around the edges', but by word, what a great Doctor he was. Sometimes you don't appreciate something until it's gone, but Capaldi was last best thing to happen to Dr Who. I still throughly enjoy Deep Breath, and also Mummy on the Orient Express. I suppose Mummy felt like a more McCoyish story from the 1988 period than any other time in the 1980's. Yeah, Flatline is a water mark moment with Capaldi's Doctor. It's atmosphere and dark nature captures everything I like about Capaldi's performance. Capaldi was robbed in the story department, but compare Capaldi's tenure to the monstrous nature of what was to come, I think it's a safe bet that Dr Who and Doctor Twelve was the best place to end a great TV show with a highly commendable performance from Capaldi. Twelve regenerations it is. And forever more........