Thread: Comedy Film
View Single Post
Old 24th December 2020, 09:37 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default Laughing Gravy (1930)

Laughing Gravy...
Stan and Ollie and of course there little dog laughing gravy.are all tucked up in bed, while outside it's snowing heavily... Unfortunately for them, there landlord,played by moustache Charlie Hall,( it seems that most villains seem to have moustache to twirl,Dick Dasterdly,Terry Thomas and of course Stan and Ollie main nemesis James Finlayson),is not a big fan of cute little dogs,and tells the duo that them and their dog will have to leave in the morning...This has to be one of my all time favourite of the 3 reel shorts they made,The chimp being the other one,and that's just basically a remake of Laughing Gravy but with a dancing cross dressing chimp instead of a dog....It has plenty of scenes of Oliver Hardy being very indignant, especially when he finds out Stan has come into an inheritance,and then gives it all away just so he can keep Laughing Gravy....It always amazes me how much storyline you can get into a 30 to 20 minutes features, you feel like you have watched something more like Lord of the Rings running time, but less rubbish and certainly not as boring... Why do modern film makers feel the need to waste hours of our time watching there pretentious drivel,yes Christopher Nolan I mean you...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Laughinggravytitlecard.jpg (20.8 KB, 3 views)