View Single Post
Old 15th January 2021, 10:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Stargate. 1994.

A teleportation device is found in Egypt in 1928. Present time a man is recruited to read ancient Egyptian language travels through the portal with a Military team and find a civilization that are slaves to Ra, The God Of sun.

I found this film to be good when it came out, i wouldn't say it was the best and came across it today and still have mixed feelings about it. James Spader role as the linguist Daniel Jackson who is basically fired from one job then hired to do another job. Kurt Russell as Colonel Jack O'Neil who seems to be happy one minute then loosing the plot the next.

There are some good visual effects and Roland Emmerich does try to be entertaining as always with his directing, i'm not sure if Jaye Davidson was right for the part as Ra, the casting didn't go for a Hulk/Arnie lookalike actor to play a god which was different but I don't know if it's because he was in The Crying Game which is why I cnt take him seriously to be in this role, sorry if i'm sounding like i am typecasting I don't mean to be.

large_iACZ6lZ4DQP0GRPyIU412GPCMMo.jpg