View Single Post
Old 24th January 2021, 08:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Demons 6: The Black Cat. 1989.

A actress starts having visions of a witch she is playing in a up and coming movie and starts to wonder whether her visions are real or not.

This was to be the third installment of The Mother of tears trilogy by Dario Argento who passed on it and Luigi Cozzi was brought in to direct it, but due to changes Daria Nicolodi left the project and Cozzi was asked to write a Black Cat into the film that makes a couple of appearances and does nothing for the plot.

I came across this on youtube and not the best upload (probably taken from a old VHS tape (maybe Memorex, Scotch tapes were better) Urbano Barberini plays the director of the new movie and decides to base it on a Witch Levena and and have his wife Florence Guerin to play the part, except the witch was real and not very happy. This film tries to hard to find a plot and looses it's tracks half way through to the point it's a train wreck and people looking for survivors. I think Cozzi did try and live up too Argento's idea for a witch movie and failed, think a re-watch will do but not anytime soon.

download.jpg