View Single Post
Old 1st February 2021, 10:27 AM
Active Cultist

so what other indie producer/directors (who movies perhaps arent so great) these guys can get do business with? i dont really know anyone from before the 80's but there's

Obviously charles band and Lloyd kaufman but 88 have already released the majority of their worth while films, think the rest i would only buy in a collection and cheap.

Mark l lester released a handful of tv movie/direct to vid creature features and action flicks during the mid 90's/00's, but nothing of real interest.

Albert pyun owns some of his flicks but unfortunately these are all his worse films (which says a lot!), he does have alternative cuts to cyborg and captain america though if anyone were to re-release the films again in the uk they might be able to make him a deal.

David Michael Latt of Asylum, has shit loads of mockbusters and those shark films. They did do Stuart Gordon's King of The Ants which i'm sure some people would like.

There's J.R. Bookwalter.

Courtney Solomon but i think most of those he made deals with active companies, only one that might be of interest is Captivity as there's a much different cut of it (bet it still sucks though)

Uwe Boll I actually wouldn't mind a collection of his work mainly just to hear him talk about how he managed to raise money and that. did a few german films that haven't ever received uk release.

and there's kinda new guy Deon Taylor, his newer films are getting wide releases in the states by lionsgate and sony (must admit i did enjoy Black and Blue). but there's a few horror and thrillers from about a decade ago he did. Also his spoof of The Purge called Meet The Blacks didnt come out over here which while i'm told it's terrible is apparently still better than all of the other crappy spoofs made in the last 20 years. so who knows.

So anyone else know or other people? roger corman aside i dont know anyone from before the 80's thats still around.