Old 3rd February 2021, 02:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

CTHULHU MANSION
FADE TO BLACK
DON'T PANIC
HELLRIDERS
BLOOD THEATRE
BLOOD HOOK

Just thought I'd mention that my VS order, which I made drunkenly about a week ago, forgetting that questions were being raised about the safety of purchases from smaller US retailers who may or may not be in alignment with all the new post-Brexit VAT collection bollox, got through UK customs OK. I was a bit worried about it because I have no idea whether VS have made whichever arrangement with HMRC they're meant to (I suspect not), and things didn't bode well with the USPS tracker saying 'failed delivery' or similar yesterday. But here I am today, sat in front of a boxful of blu-rays.

So I have no idea whether or not it's generally alright to order from smaller non-UK firms who might not have signed up to this VAT-at-source scheme, or whether everyone in the US who sells niche horror DVDs to a small market in the UK is somehow actually completely in tune with all this stuff already, or whether it's just random with customs, or discretionary for the time being, or whether there are other work-arounds or anything else at play (or even if anyone's that bothered). I've had some post Jan 1st orders from WowHD and Allyourmusic through as well, but I thought they might be registered... don't know whether they are or not, just a hunch based on the fact that they're fairly big. Anyway, just thought I'd chip in with my experience, and here's hoping my Diabolik order will do as well when it sends.