View Single Post
Old 10th February 2021, 06:35 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Had a bit of a Doctor Who binge recently.

I'm plodding through Reeltime Pictures The Sylvester McCoy Years dvd. Six hours of interviews with Sylvester McCoy, Sophie Aldred, Angela Bruce, Andrew Cartmel, Jessica Martin and Lisa Bowerman.

The Sylvester McCoy one was quite dull to be honest. It was filmed at the location of 89's Battlefield but the interview focused on none Who work for the bulk of the hour and was pretty forgettable.

Angela Bruce was fun, a big personality and talked about all her career including the sheer joy of playing a Brigadier and working with Nick Courtney.

Of the three i've seen so far, Jessica Martin, filmed in 2016, was by far the best. She seems really entertaining to talk to, happy to do impressions and delighted to have taken part in The Greatest Show in the Galaxy. I reckon she'd be a perfect date.

I was sucked underground by Tractators in the classic Frontios last night. One of my favourite Davison stories. It's incredibly grim throughout and to say it was a studio bound production looks pretty good. The Tractators themselves work for me (As long as you don't look at their feet) and the series has a strong guest cast including William Lucas, Lesley Dunlop and Peter Gilmore, but it's Mark Strickson as Turlough who stands out, especially with his fear of the Tractators.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 254678_original.jpg (97.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 511iTu58mkL._AC_SY445_.jpg (29.4 KB, 1 views)