View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2021, 12:09 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

MV5BMmE2MmM5Y2YtNzEzMy00ZjJiLWE2ZWEtYzMzZGYxMTYxNDM2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTAyNDYyNzcw._V1_.jpg

Best friends Maya and Dini are two ladies struggling to make ends meet they both work in a toll booth with dreams if quitting and opening a clothes shop together. After a run in with a strange customer Maya has had enough and they decide now is the time to follow their dream. But the dream is an even bigger struggle with no guaranteed income they are struggling more than ever barely making enough to make rent. But with news that Maya may be able to claim a big inheritance from her rich family their luck maybe about to finally change. Once in her ancestral village she finds out her family is hated and her life is in serious danger.

This is a pretty solid Indonesian horror with a great setting the village is pretty creepy and the locals even more so. You get the feeling of unease for the girls all alone in the middle of nowhere surrounded by these people not an easy place to find or get out of. I really like that it relies on atmosphere and the setting rather than cheap scares when things appear in the background they are just there and then gone no jumping into the camera or anything of that bullsh*t. Ill say no more to avoid spoiling anything. My one problem that really felt so out of place was a scene taken directly from TCM it was so blatant and really unnecessary

I really enjoyed this right from the start i was hooked straight away. There is like i said already a really great use of atmosphere and also lighting and colours to set a mood. I will have to check out the directors other film Satan's Slave.

7/10