View Single Post
Old 26th February 2021, 10:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Terminator animated series,

https://www.ihorror.com/netflix-gree...cHFiVBXzlBgGKA

Netflix Greenlights ‘Terminator’ Animated Series from Skydance

The Terminator getting animated in a brand new series greenlit by Netflix.

Skydance, the studio behind the last two films in the franchise as well as 2018’s Annihilation, will produce the series alongside Production I.G., the studio behind Ghost in the Shell, Psycho-Pass, and Eden of the East.

The first Terminator film debuted back in 1984. Directed by James Cameron (Aliens), the film starred Arnold Schwarzenegger in the title role as a cyborg sent from the future to kill a woman (Linda Hamilton) whose son holds the key to humanity’s salvation after a war begins between man and machine.

Netflix Greenlights ‘Terminator’ Animated Series from Skydance

The film was an almost instant hit and spawned five sequels and a television series titled The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Schwarzenegger would appear in every single film, though he was not physically in Terminator: Salvation. The most recent entry, Terminator: Dark Fate was released in 2019. This series marks the first time, however, that the Terminator will be animated.

Mattson Tomlin, one of the writers on the new Robert Pattinson film The Batman, has been signed as showrunner on the series.

“Anyone who knows my writing knows I believe in taking big swings and going for the heart,” Tomlin said in a statement quoted on Deadline. “I’m honored that Netflix and Skydance have given me the opportunity to approach Terminator in a way that breaks conventions, subverts expectations and has real guts.”