View Single Post
Old 4th March 2021, 04:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

District 9 sequel,

https://www.ihorror.com/a-district-9...eb5Kg2P9irxuHk

A ‘District 9’ Sequel is Being Written by Neill Blomkamp and Terri Tatchell

District 9 is in the works from Neill Blomkamp. The 2009 sci-fi social commentary heavy film, was unlike anything audiences had seen before. The wide-open ending left plenty of room for a sequel. So, fans have waited over a decade for Blomkamp to return to District 9 and it looks like he is finally getting to work on a screenplay.

Blomkamp himself took to Twitter to share the good word by letting fans know that him along with Sharlto Copley and Terri Tatchell are all involved in a script for the aptly titled District 10.

If you recall the first film ended with Wikus totally transformed into a tragic alien who longed for his wife and was last seen in junk yards making his her origami roses. Pretty dang sad. It also ended with Christopher and his adorable little son taking control of their ship, that had remained stationary above Johannesburg for years following its arrival in 1982.

Meanwhile, the aliens that were left as residents of District 9 were moved and repurposed to their new home of District 10. The big mystery we were left with at the end was, would the aliens come back and exact revenge on humans for being so cruel to their entire species? Or, would they come back peacefully to give their family a ride back to their home? Either way, the story already sounds ****in’ fantastic.

District 9 played with very real themes of very real places and race relations in those areas. Blomkamp has been quoted stating that he wants District 10 to also carry similar social commentary and not lose the original message.

Personally, if I was Christopher and his little alien child, I would be coming back with a fleet and I would be pissed and fully armed. They were treated terribly during their time on Earth. So, again if it was me – humans would be in trouble I would get my folks out and then take the Ellen Ripley advice from Aliens and Nuke em from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.