View Single Post
Old 11th March 2021, 10:30 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default What Films Have You Seen Recently?

IMG_8934.jpg
(88 Films Blu)

Touch of death....hmmm....where to start....

This story itself is pretty good - cannibal serial killer stalking the lonely hearts columns to kill and rip off rich widows to feed his gambling addiction finds himself ‘at risk’ by a shoddy copycat killer leaving clues which are seemingly leading police directly to him. The execution however, is pretty poor. The script is terrible! The newsreader’s lines sound as if someone has made a note of ideas of what the news reader might say only to them never go back and write them properly. Another part has the newsreader read out the suspect’s DNA code (??) and our killer reacts with “That’s my DNA!”. Crikey.

The music throughout was awful. I think it was supposed to be some kind of classical music, as the characters were dancing and like motioning waves with their hands the way folk do in films when they’re enjoying classical, but the music sounded as if it was straight out of a circus tent.

I get the impression that Fulci was a bit down on his luck when the producers, hoping to cash in on the “Fulci” name offered him this job. Exploitation at it’s finest! And I certainly feel exploited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by MuckyFunster; 11th March 2021 at 11:01 AM.