View Single Post
Old 18th March 2021, 04:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

https://moviehooker.com/lists/new-we...loSvXu-37th8qA

New Werewolf Movies

It feels good to be able to write that headline “new werewolf movies”. I feel the horror genre has been starved of some lycanthropy madness. We recently got the news that Dog Soldiers 2 could be still happening which is amazing but as for actual werewolf films…well, we ain’t got none. But hey, I can now tell you that we have at least four coming this year! are they going to be any good? I have no idea, but here they are anyway. Enjoy.

BLOODTHIRSTY

New Werewolf Movies – Bloodthirsty

A musician who has been having visions of morphing into some sort of wolf-like beast is invited to a secluded music studio. Her new songs, along with her new music producer start to bring out the beast within her.

A female-led Canadian werewolf film, pretty sure the last time we heard that was Ginger Snaps and that still holds up pretty well to this day.

Directed by Amelia Moses, written by Wendy Hill-Tout, Lowell and starring Lauren Beatty, Greg Bryk & Katharine King So

Upcoming Werewolf Movies – Eight for Silver (no poster available)

EIGHT FOR SILVER

A werewolf film from writer/director Sean Ellis ( Metro Manila, Anthropoid). Metro Manila was such a great film, a superb human drama about desperation and how far you will go to support & provide for the ones you love. I highly recommend you guys check that out if you haven’t seen it. Now, back to the werewolves

Ellis’ werewolf movie Eight for Silver is said to **** with the genre a little bit and bend some of the werewolves rules that we have grown custom to. The story of a pathologist who goes to a small town to investigate a string of brutal murders. That’s all I know. That’s all I need to know. As a fan of Ellis, I really can’t wait to check this out.

WEREWOLVES WITHIN

New Werewolf Movies – Werewolves Within (game poster)
I have known about Werewolves Within for some time. I am always a little sceptical when I hear the words “based on the hugely popular video game”

Not much plot details are available but we know it is about a group of werewolves that attack a small town. I am not familiar with the game but I think it is a whodunit? sort of scenario where the villagers have to find out who is infected among them by taking a werewolf test, very much like we see in The Thing. Oh, it also has Harvey GuillĂ©n from FX’s What We Do In The Shadows series.

Described as a comedy horror. Who knows? this could be a lot of fun.

I AM LISA

New Werewolf Movies – I Am Lisa
Another fresh approach to the werewolf genre, only this time adding in a twist of revenge. A woman (gonna take a wild guess and say her name is Lisa) gets attacked by a sheriff and a wolf on the same night (ouch, unfortunate). She wakes in a cabin in the woods with new powers. She uses these new-found wolfy powers to get revenge on her attackers.

Looks to be part horror, part female-led revenge flick. I’m in!