View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2021, 06:30 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook View Post
I couldn’t disagree more, this is different and it is relatively new - it’s a very vocal minority of people who use social media as a tool to vent their collective spleen on anything that will deflect the misery and insecurity that plagues their own lives. These people who purport to be of the left
are nothing of the sort - those holding traditional left wing views encourage debate, do not jump to conclusions about others and are accepting of all people - the newfangled, “woke” left is as censorious as the right wing of which it’s supposed to oppose - as I said, pandering to it does not bode well for the future.
Have another read. I'm not defending it or pandering to it. Just pointing out that it's not new.

I wasn't making a judgment as to the rights and wrongs. The example I used to illustrate the point just happened to be an example of right wing cancel culture to show that it's been happening for many years and I used that one because its relevant to this board. I'm sure there are plenty of left-wing examples.

"it’s a very vocal minority of people who use social media as a tool to vent their collective spleen on anything that will deflect the misery and insecurity that plagues their own lives"

This could apply to both sides of the argument.

But anyway, I was trying to point out the thought processes that were probably being considered but I suspect you are wanting a political argument so I'll withdraw from the arena.