View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2021, 07:08 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook View Post
I’m not going out of my way to be contrary, it’s just my point of view - these are dangerous precedents that are being set - taking Arrow’s as an example surely the right sort of reaction is to postpone release until more is known? The individual who works for them, who posted a comment, was blatantly trying to curry favour with his epic but of virtue-signalling when he said “if you’ve not heard the Richard Stanley releases are as cancelled as he is” - pretty poor given that he represents the company.

Getting back to my point, while there’s been malevolence from the Right in the past we’re talking less progressive times and, let’s be fair, we *expect* that sort of behaviour from the Right (particularly the Religious right and folk like the aforementioned Mary Whitehouse) - I expect better of those purporting to be of the Left and it’s spiralling because its getting its own way - companies are scared to say or do the wrong thing in case it leads to a call for cancelling - this is tyranny and, as I already mentioned, it could be put in its place if everyone stood together against it. There’s so much about it that irks me - there’s a complete lack of emotional maturity for a start - there are never grey areas, everything is black and white, right or wrong. It’s outrage is selective: it latches onto to something but fails to see similar injustice elsewhere. It’s a hive mind mentality - there’s never any individual thought or expression , it’s views are only that of consensus - literally vacuous drones without an original thought and spoon-fed outrage from their news services of choice.

Anyway, I hope Stanley is innocent - firstly because I choose to see good in most people and, secondly, because I’d love to see egg on the face of those who’ve called for him to be de-platformed before he’s faced these accusations.
Totally agree with you, Paul.

It's the same with Marilyn Manson and the music industry.