View Single Post
Old 3rd April 2021, 05:54 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Hellraiser: Judgment (2018)

I might as well say it straight away. I really enjoyed this.

It had everything i want from a direct to dvd entry in a series which is now 34 years old. It had an easy to follow storyline about two detective brothers tracking a serial killer. It has some seriously fun gore. Cenobites in it a lot (Which can't be said for many of the films in the series), some cool new Cenobites as well as one or two from past movies and it also introduces new aspects of hell such as the Stygian Inquisition which work beautifully.

Although he's not Doug Bradley (His own choice not to be involved), Paul T Taylor is a pretty good Pinhead and new Cenobites such as the Auditor and the Cleaners are in my opinion great additions to the franchise.

With a running time of 80 minutes Hellraiser: Judgment is quit short and thankfully none of the time is wasted. It's to be commended for adding several new ideas to the series and not simply trying to get by on what has gone before.

Because there's so much Cenobite action and a storyline that zips along i think this is the best of the DTV sequels by far and is also a more coherent movie than the majority of Hellraiser films full stop.