View Single Post
Old 28th February 2010, 01:10 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Spurred by our own Peter Neal's great review I re-visited Cut and Run yesterday, with it's winning combo of violence within that oh-so-familiar 'emerald inferno' setting; brilliant stuff. One of the few jungle-based films of the time without animal cruelty too, which is a bonus: There is a bizarre scene involving (what appear to be) rubber lizards posing as real dead lizards being used in a basketball game though...

Next up I watched Entrails of a Virgin, which involves plenty of optically fogged sex with geeky Japanese men and whining, skinny Japanese women, who seem very easily pleased. This then (eventually) breaks down into an isolated cabin movie, whereby each annoying cast member is either f*cked or killed off (usually both). This in no means a by-the-numbers affair though as the film is chocked full of bizarreness that only the Japanese seem to be able to pull off. Fun, with some good gore here and there but very trying in places.

And if that wasn't enough for one day, I then watched Southland Tales with the missus last night. She hadn't seen it before, and ended up falling asleep before the end, but I unashamedly love ithis film, and it only gets better with repeat viewings imo!