View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2021, 11:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
“**MARTIN news**
Following a lot of discussions and some logistical delays over the past year we finally have more news on Martin. Originally intended as a Blu-ray only release we are now going ahead with a 4K UHD as well. This means going back to the original scan and a new restoration in 4K which will take some time. We hope for a late summer release and will keep you posted. Thanks for everyone’s patience on this one.”

No interest in the UHD, but I’ll definitely be getting the standard set, hopefully it’s along the same lines as Dawn of the Dead
I've been thinking about that Second Sight statement. If I'm way out of line, please do tell me but I find it rather irritating if I'm being honest. Maybe I'm wrong here but I'm sure Martin was announced over two years ago and now we're being told that a change of plans will lead to even further delay. After their initial announcement, I expected to own a Martin blu-ray much sooner than this. Perhaps you shouldn't tell everyone about a new release if it's gonna take actual years for it to happen?