View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2021, 09:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Let The Right One In. 2008.

Oskar, a bullied 12 year old boy stuck between his parents divorce befriends a girl from his flats Eli, as their friendship progresses, Oskar finds out Eli is a vampire.

This is the second time seeing this film and still amazes me, from the start to finish it never gets boring more interesting and never read the book to this, leaves things questionable like was Eli grooming Oskar to be the new helper if Hakan (current helper/guardian) leaves her but never really revealed but Eli doesn't seem to be manipulative.

Kare Hedebrant and Lina Leandersson play the young leads of Oskar and Eli pretty well, they built up the chemistry between the actors decently from being strangers with a bad attitude to being friends that makes it believable. For a vampire movie there is some blood but never goes over the top. For Hakan's face make up that was done decently and horrific that you can feel his pain almost.
Great movie. I also very much like the second adaption, 'Let Me In.' I happily keep blu-ray copies of both versions.