View Single Post
Old 26th May 2021, 01:32 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
The Sect. 1991.

A kindergarten teacher becomes involved with a satanic cult and a well beneath her house may hold a secret.

I was never really a fan of this film from Michele Soavi even though I appreciated his other films but over time I have been drawn to this film that it's more appreciated now. It does have some imaginative plot that goes off the rails and back on again even with Herbert Lom as you don't know whether he is a saviour or a cult member, his acting methods are always pleasant to see in his films. Kelly Curtis plays the teacher Miriam who seems to be a target for this satanic cult and tries to evade them. The film does go on a bit and tends to drag but worth a watch.

Attachment 233476
The Sect is easily my least favourite Michele Soavi horror film but it still performs well enough for me to want to keep a blu-ray of it. I've seen a couple of folks on the 'net praising Herbert Lom here but personally it comes across as a rather dodgy *cough splutter* type performance. A part that I really struggle with, is the very risible 'attack by handkerchief ' moment. Still, parts of it are great.