View Single Post
Old 27th May 2021, 08:50 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Garbage pail kids the series.

https://www.ihorror.com/the-garbage-...goYqwR9OQYgFA8

‘The Garbage Pail Kids’ Are Coming to an Animated Series on HBO Max

The gross little bastards of The Garbage Pail Kids – that a whole generation went ga-ga for are coming back. This time in an gross-out, animated form and one that is coming to stream on a very soon-to-be grossed out HBO Max.

The animated series comes from the minds of Danny McBride and David Gordon Green and will see the return of the characters that made up the Topps trading card line of The Garbage Pail Kids the popular characters. Green and McBride’s dream is to see The Garbage Pail Kids take on and bring back a Saturday Morning cartoon feel and be more family friendly and less ****ed up than the film adaptation of GPK The Movie.

Josh Bycel of Hulu’s Solar Opposites will also write along with McBride and Green. If you recall The Garbage Pail Kids started off as a parody of The Cabbage Patch Dolls in and around 1985. Both caught fire in popularity. Although, the GPK cards collecting phase came as fast as it went, while the Cabbage Patch Dolls hung around a while. Warner Media has backed the project and we will be seeing it sooner than later on HBO Max’s growing lineup of hit originals.

‘The Garbage Pail Kids’ Are Coming to an Animated Series on HBO Max