View Single Post
Old 9th June 2021, 10:57 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I definitely think the extras will be exactly the same as the previous Paramount set but it will use the new transfers that they recently did of 1-4 for Shout Factory. I seriously doubt they'll have any of the new Shout features and interviews.

Overall better than the old set but pay an extra $40 and get the Shout set with 4 extra films and loads of features.
I don't know if the UK set has the same transfers but they look crystal clear on the first two films. I was very pleased with them.

There's about an hour of extras plus commentaries on the first film. I didn't even bother looking at Part II's extras. I think that probably gives you one reason why i didn't opt for paying £100.

Another is i really don't want the remake movie. Although it's a pity about Jason X and Freddy vs Jason , however i'v never seen them as part of the franchise proper - the Crystal Lake films so can live with it.

Incidentally - There's three discs of extras on that Star Wars set i bought last week. Doubt i'll ever put them in the player to be honest.