View Single Post
Old 14th June 2021, 04:14 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I finished watching Game of Thrones for (at least) the third time and it's still exciting, funny, engaging, and surprising.

I then watched In My Skin, a brilliant coming-of-age story about Bethan, a 16-year-old girl in a Welsh comprehensive school, struggling with the demands of being a 'regular teenager' when her mum is in a psychiatric hospital and dad is an unreliable drug abuser. I hope there's another series.

After that, I looked at the other things on my iPlayer list and watched Industry, which is about new recruits to a team of city traders, and what they do when burning the candle at both ends and trying to succeed in a high-stakes business and surrounded by people who are equally as ambitious.

I then watched Time, an exceptional three-part miniseries in which Sean Bean plays an English teacher sentenced to spend four years in prison for killing someone when drunk driving. It's brilliantly written by Jimmy McGovern, superbly edited by the entire cast, particularly Sean Bean and Stephen Graham, and a tough and thought-provoking look at the many shortcomings of our criminal justice system. Highly recommended.