View Single Post
Old 1st July 2021, 07:13 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
From DuskTill Dawn 1996.

Two Criminal Brothers Seth and Ritchie need to cross the Mexican Border, they kidnap a former preacher and his children in their motor home and arrive at a bar to where the staff aren't what they appear to be.

When this film was released, a friend of mine got and we watched it, thinking it was a crime chase thriller, we were going to switch it off till they bar scene and got interesting then became a horror movie that got more interesting and became a favourite of mine.

Even though Robert Rodriguez directed this and Quentin Tarantino wrote the screen play, the first half has Tarantino hallmark over it then the second part is Rodriguez. Even the dialogue between Clooney and Kietel is tense as you don't know what will set him off, Tarantino seems to play the psychotic unbalanced brother who seems doesn't like to be insulted by being called nuts while in the camper toilet. I'm gonna go on a whim and say that Tom Savini brought the words "Cock Shot" to a whole new different meaning.

The make-up for the vampires were decent with Robert Kurtzman supervising it and how a headless vampire managed to turn into a dog was a bit of a laugh, i remember a few people hating it for the slow build up but that's what makes it more enjoyable as it goes one way then another way.

Attachment 234318
I havent watched this in so many years its a cliche but guess which part always sticks in my mind

Thats right zombie vampire guitar hybrid