View Single Post
Old 6th July 2021, 09:48 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
THE SHADOW OF THE CAT
A Hammer Film in all but name and with a terrific cast, this black and white b picture has a family squabbling over inheritance money, while at the same time, trying to away with a cat that knows their gruesome secret.
Nicely directed by John Gilling and featuring some neat distorted POV shots from the cat itself, this makes for a very entertaining 79 mins.
As usual, beautifully presented by Indicator and featuring some great extras, including a lovely interview with the late great Barbara Shelley - if you don’t find this both a joy and also very moving, then there’s something wrong with you.

THE SAVAGE THREE
Joe Dallesandro stars in this Italian take on a Clockwork Orange type tale, with seemingly random acts of violence committed by the titular savage three thugs.
Not as violent as other Italian thrillers at the time, it still has its moments, including a couple of scenes of mice fighting in a glass cage, that was censored by the BBFC, resulting in a rather naff blacking out of the screen for these scenes.
Interestingly, if you have a multiregion Blu Ray player and set it to region A, you can view the uncensored US version, which I guess gives us another example of why the BBFC censoring scenes in films these days is pretty pointless.
Not everyone imports nor do they wish to see any real animal/human violence. Granted I'm in the minority, but I believe that just because something is in a final version of a film, that it's automatically untouchable.