View Single Post
Old 9th July 2021, 06:50 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

220px-ColdSweatPoster.jpg

Joe Martin is an American boat captain living with his wife and her 12 year old daughter in the south of France. Joe earns a living taking tourists out on his boat but Joe has a secret he has kept from his new family for years that is exposed when someone from his past shows up to settle an old score. When Joe was in the army he was put in prison with a few others he served one night while making an escape from the prison one of the men kill a policeman but Joe didn't sign up for anything like this he was just a getaway driver so he flees the scene and the others are captured and sent to prison for 7 years but not its payback time. The deal is Joe takes the men on his boat to a secret location for a pick up and his family will be released but Joe has other ideas.

This one is a real mixed bag firstly it has Charles Bronson and James Mason which is a great starting point but James Masons accent it horrendous as a man with a quite distinctive voice does himself no favours trying to do a southern american gentleman accent it's so odd and out of place there are many times where i couldn't even understand some of what he was saying his accent was so all over the place . Bronson is Bronson a no nonsense character who takes no shit from anyone and will do what it takes to protect his family. The rest of the cast are ok nothing really to write home about just passable especially Katanga the main crazy bad guy That's another thing the bad guys names Katanga and Fausto are bloody hilarious even more so with James Masons accent trying to pronounce them

It's an entertaining film but there is a whole lot of padding here like serious padding there is a scene where Bronson goes to get a doctor and a car chase follows but it goes on for around 20 minutes and it's not even entertaining its just driving fast on mountain roads but the two chasing motorcycle cops are miles behind rarely even in the shot and because of this there is no tension what so ever its just driving fast to fill in a few gaps and then the doctor just falls asleep in the back of the car which was pointless

I have to say Bronson is ripped as f*** in this film his veins are bulging out of his arms it's madness

Not a film i would watch again its a good film but not a great one but it does have one of the best lines i have heard in a film in a long time.

You killed Fausto ya clumsy BASTARD Jame Mason

7/10

Last edited by Nordicdusk; 9th July 2021 at 08:50 PM.