View Single Post
Old 9th July 2021, 08:49 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Venom-1981-poster.jpg

A trio of criminals hatch a plan to kidnap the son of a rich family and hold for ransom while his parents are out of the country with only his elderly grandfather around to take care of him. The grandfather is an expert on African wildlife and his passion has passes on to his grandson who has a massive collection of animals but his latest deadly addition may actually save his life. After a mix uo at the pet shop the kids ends up coming home with a deadly black mamba rather than a harmless pet snake and just as the kidnapping is about to take place the venomous snake escapes in the house and soon everyone is a hostage.

I love the plot the cops are keeping them in the house and the snake is keeping them all on edge and wanting to get outside. All the scenes with the snake are shot really well and the snake strikes are very realistic looking. But for me the star of this film is hands down Oliver Reed he is always a delight to watch even when he is just standing in the shot doing nothing he demands your attention plus his hatred of the kid is hilarious" you cheeky little bastard" just for walking past him The film just flew by at no point was there any down time not that its action packed but i was hooked right from the start.

Definitely will revisit at some point and maybe a blu ray upgrade in the future.

8/10