View Single Post
Old 5th August 2021, 09:27 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Bohemian Rhapsody

The story of how Queen formed and shows the rise and tribulations of the iconic group. I know that there were creative changes to what actually happened in real life but I don't care, this is one of my all time favorite films, it's so entertaining. The acting is amazing and I get goose bumps whenever a song is being performed. The recording of the actual song, Bohemian Rhapsody is awesome. Originally, I didn't get the meaning of Mike Myers being so against that song (After performing it in Wayne's World)

I was so wanting this to sweep The Oscars (One of the few times I wanted to root for a particular Film) and originally I thought that this would by the big Network TV Premier on Christmas Day but I think it's going to be on in November as it will be the 30th anniversary of Freddie's tragic death.

The Terminal

Tom Hanks is unable to leave a New York Airport after his Country is the subject of a Coup whilst in the air. Stanley Tucci plays the Head Of Security who gets increasingly irritated by Hank's refusal to leave. Whilst I do find this Film still enjoyable, there are some scenes that can be easily forwarded on.

Suicide Squad

The original Film which sees the formation of the Squad and battle a supernatural enemy. Whilst I understand the annoyance of people who read the Comics, as someone who never read the Comics, I didn't find it to be as awful as some people say. Viola Davis is the standout.

Wanted Dead Or Alive

Rutger Hauer is a Bounty Hunter hired by the C.I.A to hunt down a Terrorist played by Gene Simmons. This was a Film, I wanted to see for a long time (I eventually found a DVD in a CEX) and TBH, watching this in 2021, I found it be a very average, run of the mill Movie. Whether it was better back in 86, I do not know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg br.jpg (9.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg tt.jpg (11.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg su.jpg (16.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg wdoa.jpg (12.7 KB, 5 views)