View Single Post
Old 1st September 2021, 01:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
Bought season one of Game of Thrones from my Cex. Never seen it before and I'm curious to see what all the fuss was about. Just 3.50 pounds so I'm not badly out of pocket if I don't rate it. Will have to watch on my own as my wife isn't interested at all.

btw I pointed out, to the Cex staff member, that he was putting dvds into a blu-ray boxset. He got the correct blu-ray discs and said "I don't think there'll be much difference to be honest" which left me quite speechless.
Game of Thrones is probably one of the finest TV series ever made, so you should enjoy it. But if you want to watch a TV show that is even better than that, then check out the incrdible Mr. Robot.

What I find interesting is that over the last few years the Americans have produced some fantastic TV drama, whilst at the same time the feature films Hollywood produces have become increasingly poor. Most of that has to do with the fact that TV shows are more reliant on story than the CGI crapfest feature films of contemporary Hollywood.