View Single Post
Old 23rd September 2021, 12:08 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
The Devil's Rain. 1975.

A satanic cult leader burned at the stake 300 years ago returns to find a family who have the book of souls he requires to fulfill his destiny of bringing hell on earth.

This was a strange one, it starts off with The Preston Family of Ma and Pa and their son Mark played by William Shatner panicking about Corbis played by Ernest Borgnine and a amulet that can protect him. He goes out and stuff happens and his mother is nowhere to be seen, Pa Preston strung, he goes to Corbis and weird shit happens then goes to Tom Preston played by Tom Skerritt and his wife Julie who has visions and half way through things are told in a vision/flashback.

This is basically low budget which was funded by a mob and the director Robert Fuest had two makes to make it, give the guy a chance and it could have been decent which is why it's on Roger Ebert's hated list, does this guy like anything? it's decently paced, can't get atmospheric at times and obviously stunt performers lacking or they went for one who can make falling down the stairs laughable. Not sure if anyone has seen it but I enjoyed it.

Attachment 236424
I was going to watch this myself last night but instead opted for Robert Hartford Davis' Corruption.

I think Severin brought it out on blu at some stage but i have the dvd from Dark Sky Films which is excellent quality all round.