View Single Post
Old 4th October 2021, 11:41 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default October 3rd

The Blair Witch Project (1999)

Always enjoyable and very creepy. Featuring some delightful fear inducing sounds from the dark woods at night. The sounds of stones clattering and children screaming as well as the final exploration of the old witch's house is still the essence of all things creepy and i still find it all rather disturbing.

Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 (2000)

A group of young people from all horror stereotypes decide to go on a Blair Witch tour with one of the local guides. During the evening they discover the ruins of the witch's house from the film and camp there for the night. When they wake the next day they discover all their equipment has been trashed and their video tapes hidden in the ground in the same place the original tapes from the first film were uncovered. Once back at the guides place - a converted factory or something on those lines - they watch the tapes and make a horrific discovery.

Taking us on a completely different journey to the original found footage film whilst still toying with the witch's legend and playing on the audiences fears of witchcraft and superstition whilst leaving the ending open to interpretation as to if the people involved actually became possessed by the Blair witch or simply took it too far in the drug fueled orgy stakes.

The more i watch this the more i love it. From it's killer soundtrack - Marilyn Manson, Godhead, Rob Zombie, Poe - to it's all round general weirdness and the fact it's characters are likable especially Goth girl Kim Director. It deserves points for it's creativity and simply not remaking the original film (They'd do that with 2016's Blair Witch). I know not many feel the same way but i always enjoy this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download.jpg (7.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Book-of-Shadows-300x151.jpg (6.2 KB, 2 views)