View Single Post
Old 11th October 2021, 08:19 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

30 days of unseen horror

Film 2

quiet-place-header.jpg

In a world overrun by extraterrestrial creatures that only respond to sound people must live in constant fear and total silence the simplest things can no longer be done talking to loved ones listening to music or even walking are all a life or death challenge. Evelyn and Lee have three kids making the quest for survival even harder.

I put this off for a long time because i find Emily Blunt a little annoying so i just didn't bother how wrong was i because this is a great film. The lack of music and talking brings a whole new atmosphere the tension of silence can be so unnerving even the rustling of a leaf could cost you your life and you are really taken in by the struggle that these parents are going through to keep their kids alive and how hard it is for them to not even be able to tell their kids how much that they love them it can be heartbreaking to watch at times. Every performance is spot on especially the kids relying on their actions and expressions to show you what they are going through was really brilliant.

Tense and very engaging from start to finish a real surprise for me.

8/10