View Single Post
Old 17th October 2021, 11:41 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
The Dark Eyes of London (1939)

Bela Lugosi in one of his British films plays an insurance man whose clients all seem to be dying, suspicious no? Throw in a bizarre looking brute for no real reason and a beautiful love interest for one of the detectives investigating the cases and you have all the ingredients for an entertaining police mystery that sets out to find out what's up. Enjoyable!

Dolls (1987)

Stuart Gordon's creepy movie about toys that come to life when no-one is looking. A first time watch for me and I have to say I really enjoyed this one but bloody hell, how weird is it haha. Is it supposed to be set in England? I mean it's clearly not filmed there but you have those 2 "punk" girls who look more like 80's Madonna that Siouxsie Sioux and the cars have right-hand steering wheels and then all of the other cast are American. I loved all the creepy scenes with the dolls, vicious little buggers
Dark Eyes of London is a lovely set isn't it, Justin. For the price it's definitely the best all round package released this year. Did you see what i menat when i said there was a huge spoiler on one of the studio portraits on those lovely double sided art cards.

I loved Dolls the one and only time i saw it on dvd a few years ago. The last couple of 101 sales i've thought of buying it on Bd but the fact that they never mention that it's from a 2K (Or higher) source makes me think it may not look that much better than the dvd.

Companies can't resist bragging of a movies source so the fact 101 don't kinda fills me with trepidation.