View Single Post
Old 17th October 2021, 12:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Dark Eyes of London is a lovely set isn't it, Justin. For the price it's definitely the best all round package released this year. Did you see what i menat when i said there was a huge spoiler on one of the studio portraits on those lovely double sided art cards.

I loved Dolls the one and only time i saw it on dvd a few years ago. The last couple of 101 sales i've thought of buying it on Bd but the fact that they never mention that it's from a 2K (Or higher) source makes me think it may not look that much better than the dvd.

Companies can't resist bragging of a movies source so the fact 101 don't kinda fills me with trepidation.
Yes, the card (which I didn't look at until afterwards) certainly gave things away, but about half way through I started having my suspicions much the same as our heroine Diana Stewart did. I really enjoyed the 30 min 'sit down in the pub' conversation between Kim and Stephen too, they're so knowledgeable about so many different genres of film it's baffling!

Dolls looks good on BD, but the disc is just the film and a trailer, I think it has a comm track too, but it's very bare bones, I used a CEX voucher on it. If you have the DVD it's not worth going out of your way for it.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky