View Single Post
Old 21st October 2021, 05:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

A quick round up of the last few days.

Xtro (1982)

You don't see many films like this one... WTF, that birthing scene, I'm a little traumatised.

Pet Sematary 2 (1992)

Not even a patch on the original. In fact I was sure that I had seen this one before but I honestly didn't remember anything about it. It's not very good and takes ages to get anywhere, then all of a sudden there are maybe 4 re-animated bodies and people are getting dispatched quickly. Save yourself 100 minutes.

Yokai Monsters: 100 Monsters (1968)

First of a trilogy based on Japanese folklore and the creatures within the stories. In this one a greedy feudal landlord is entertaining his guests with the so called 100 ghost stories, a ritual so potent that you must perform a cleansing afterwards, only he laughs at this advice only for he and his men to be haunted by the 100 Yokai. Loads of fun, surprisingly funny, and as ever, sword fights and samurai! Loved it.

Scream (1996)

There are certain RULES that one must abide by in order to successfully survive a horror movie. For instance, number one: you can never have sex.

[crowd boos]

BIG NO NO! BIG NO NO! Sex equals death, okay? Number two: you can never drink or do drugs.

[crowd cheers and raises their bottles]

The sin factor! It's a sin. It's an extension of number one. And number three: never, ever, ever under any circumstances say, "I'll be right back." Because you won't be back.

Tales of Halloween (2015)

Loved this one, anthologies are often hit or miss, it all hinges on the ratio of good vs bad. This one has 10 short segments so the chances of most of them being good is high! This particular set has a very specific 'weird' tone which I vibe with. Also full of little easter eggs with characters from previous segments popping up in the background! Look out for cameos by Mick Garris, Stuart Gordon, Joe Dante, John Landis and, erm, Felissa Rose

Triumphant sight on a northern sky