View Single Post
Old 24th October 2021, 09:30 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Last three days worth, a trilogy of (almost) one word film titles!

Host (2020)

An ultra low budget British film made during the 1st lockdown (That's the one where we actually followed the rules) and recorded using Zoom, something that you'll be more familiar with now than ever before. Essentially 5 mates do a seance with a spirit guide and things go a bit wrong because one of the girls doesn't take it seriously. Not the ideal film to watch when you live alone, I scared the pants off myself Not sure that it has replay value but I'm glad I watched it once.

Pulse (1988)

One of those 80's 'technology is bad' stories (if only they could see us now eh?) only this time it's a sentient pulse of electricity which can get into your home and try to kill you. It does this in some quite inventive set pieces. It's an OK movie, kept me entertained for the entire time but it's not 'great'. I'm keeping it in the collection for now though.

The Blob (1988)

This film has no right being as good as it is! I am really surprised how entertaining, horrific and gory it is. It's one for the re-watch library for sure. Non-stop action and disgusting looking practical special effects, the Blob also doesn't have any issues with killing pre-teen kids either, nice one

Kevin Dillon's hair cut though... who'd have thought a curly mullet was a thing??

Triumphant sight on a northern sky