View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2022, 10:48 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Cobra Kai: Season IV

The series that we never knew that we need is back and this time Daniel and Johnny team up in order to stop Kreese. However they bicker on the methods to use to teach their students. However Kreese is able to convince Terry Silver to come back and help him.

Kudos to the people who created this series because if someone said to me that a show based on a 80's Film Trilogy starring the stars from the original would not only last more than 3 episodes (Before it wears thin) that it's one of the best shows around and this is one great Season.

The fight scenes are really good and it is thrilling and there are some really good humor as well. However it is Martin Kove who again steals the show.

SPOILER:
Regarding Kreese, it seems that we may have his face turn in Season 5 as he goes after Silver and in Season 4, I thought that he seems like he cares for his students but does it in a misguided way especially after he looks out for Tori.

SPOILER:
Another thing I liked is that it seemingly looks like it's leading you to think something only to take it somewhere else for example Tori's new job (I was thinking surely that they are not going there)

SPOILER:
I liked that they bought back characters from Series for cameos, especially Stingray (Who had a bigger role than imagined)

Do Sony have the rights to Bloodsport? Seems weird that they showed a snippet. Sony surely have their own Martial Arts Movies (Shootfighter a Film starring Kove & Zabka)

SPOILER:
I think people were expecting Hilary Swank but I think she appears later on as I believe she will assist Tori (Similar Wild Child) with her Aunt.

Was going to say that I wish that they would release Season 3 on DVD as I was fearing that it wouldn't be released but luckily it's out in January.

The Only thing that I didn't like is that all episodes were released on the same day. This is because I feel that I'm compelled to watch it all in order to complete it and avoid spoilers.

Granted the episodes are between 30-45 minutes long and if you do it in 2 sittings, it's like watching 2 Movies but instead of having the buzz for a couple of weeks, you could have had the anticipation and buzz for a couple of months and things that would have happened in the earlier episodes would have had time to digest, instead of people talking about the Finale.

However I know that people like binge watching and Cobra Kai seemingly has gotten the tradition of new episodes on New Years Eve.