View Single Post
Old 11th February 2022, 02:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
I remember watching this at the time and thinking it had overstepped the boundary!

"One of the Most Tasteless, Reprehensible, and Despicable Segments in Television History"

Katie Vick – Behind WWE’s Most Shameful Storyline / Pre-Wrestling Stories

Wrestling Legends Give Their Take on the Katie Vick Segment

Certainly, many within the professional wrestling fraternity had an opinion after the Katie Vick storyline played out. Here are what a few had to say:

Wayne Ferris (AKA Honky Tonk Man): "It was horrible, sick nonsense."

JJ Dillon: "Boy, whoever, whatever they were drinking or smoking when they thought of giving birth to the hand, it had to be on the same day, when they were on the same high, is the only explanation I can give. Again, I’m glad it wasn’t me."

Bill Apter: "That got me to the point where I wasn’t sure if I was going to watch it anymore."

Honky Tonk Man (encore): "I’m surprised they were even able to be a publicly traded company after doing s*** like that."

Danny Doring: "Everybody sat around and wrote that one and said, ‘Yeah, I think, you know, the Attitude Era is wearing down and what can we do to really push the envelope?’ I get it, we’ll f**k a dead person!"

Bill Eadie (AKA Masked Superstar and Demolition Ax): "It was disgusting. I wouldn’t have done it. I wouldn’t have done it if they forced me to do it. I would have resigned quick, walked out. I don’t think there’s a place for it. It’s bulls***."
WWE has done some risky and controversial things but that one was right at the top of something that shouldn't have been done.