Old 23rd February 2022, 07:40 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
https://collider.com/the-exorcist-re...-gordon-green/

'The Exorcist': Release Date, Cast, and Everything We Know So Far About the Remake
Quote:
According to [Steve] Weintraub in his Collider chat with the director, [David Gordon] Green plans to continue the original story rather than remake it, with Leslie Odom Jr. the parent of a possessed child this time. “Desperate for help, he tracks down Burstyn's character, whose young daughter (Linda Blair) was possessed by an evil entity known as Pazuzu in the first film,” writes Weintraub.

With Ellen Burstyn returning to her role, Leslie Odom Jr. joining the cast, and Green, Blum, and a whole team of others devoted to the project, audiences can be sure that the new trilogy will be a refreshing take on the story while keeping the essence of the original film.

[Jason] Blum tells Den of Geek, “I want to make a movie that works for both [audiences]. I want to make a movie for people that know and love the first Exorcist and are furious that we’re doing this, but somehow drag themselves to the theater. I want them to come out happy. And I want to make a movie that people who’ve never heard of The Exorcist really enjoy. I think David did that with Halloween. I think he’ll do that with The Exorcist also.”
So it's not really a remake

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 24th February 2022 at 08:19 PM.