View Single Post
Old 25th February 2022, 11:18 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
Never seen it, but the pictures on imdb make it look both sleazy and absurd so I guess I'll be buying
Rob. Girls Nite Out is awful. Seriously. I have it on a Shriekshow triple dvd set along with Blood Sisters and One Dark Night.

It's not sleazy, it's not absurd (in any good way) and i certainly wouldn't waste a single penny on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Girls Nite Out (1982)

This is one thrill less, anaemic, sorry excuse for a slasher film. The killer wears a dancing bear costume with huge doe eyes, which done with a bit of competence could have made for a weirdly creepy killer. Sure it's a daft costume but so is the big bunny suit in The Bunnyman Massacre films, yet that works, albeit in a grungy low budget sort of way.

The film lacks any real blood or shock value of any kind due to a script that's far too interested in the inane drunken ramblings of the students on show than it is in ramping up anything resembling tension.

The acting is just so-so with nobody coming across as any sort of hero or heroine, and the only star on offer is Hal Holbrook who sleepwalks through proceedings as he's on the phone behind a desk for 90% of his screen time.

This was the second time i've watched this and i still can't figure out the title and it's relevance to whats on show as a large portion of the film focuses on guys and there is no girls night out at all.